- Glenn Agner, Drainage Project Manager
Wood County Drainage Statistics
- Man-made county ditches and natural streams under maintenance = 204 equaling 571 Miles.
- Ditch enclosures = 22 systems equaling six (6) miles.
- Open water courses equaling approximately 3,000 miles.
County Ditch Maintenance
- Clean, repair, and construct county maintained ditches to insure proper drainage
- Monitor and maintain three (3) county retention/detention ponds, four (4) pump stations, and 12 subdivision storm sewers
- Approve changes in watershed drainage
- Septic permit (in cooperation with the Health Department) and field tiling
Petitions for Ditch Maintenance
- Execute the legal process needed to initiate ditch construction/ reconstruction via the petition process.
- For petition process and application information, contact the Office of the Wood County Engineer.
- Provide information to the Wood County Auditor's Office for the purpose of determining special ditch assessments.
- Projects scheduled as requested by property owners
- Approximately 10-15 County Road culverts to be replaced
Ditch Petition Projects
- Portage River Project
To see a map of Portage River South and East (ditch number 2473) click here.
||Plain & Washington
|Liberty Township Trustees
||Liberty & Portage
|Jack Stearns, Et al (Joint County)
||Wood County: Perry, Montgomery, Freedom, Bloom, Portage, Fostoria Corp. Seneca County: Big Springs, Loudon, Jackson & Fostoria Corp. Hancock County: Big Lick, Washington, Cass & Fostoria Corp.
||Weston & Grand Rapids
Permits and Procedures
The following permits are available at the Wood COunty Engineer's Office. Please call 419-354-9060 for procedures on obtaining and applying for permits.
- Driveway Culverts / Private Culvert Permit
- Permission to Connect / Storm Tap Permit
- Road Bore / Road Cut Permit
- Work in County Road Right-of-Way Permit
All permits will be available electronically in PDF file format in the near future. Please check back.